Your primary responsibility is to win new key accounts by identifying and researching new opportunities, building rapport with stakeholders and ultimately signing their business up for a partnership with Positive Carbon. You will support these accounts through the onboarding and rollout process and continue to look for ways to strengthen and grow the relationship. Reporting to the CEO, you will collaborate with other team members, and colleagues across marketing, ops and success
The role will include:
- Pitching: create and deliver high-quality, professional presentations to potential partners, and confidently speak about the business and food waste proposition
- Proactive business development and relationship building: Independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers
- Research: Independently search for new opportunities, learn about the businesses in depth, map the stakeholders and understand their decision-making process
- Account Management of key chains: autonomy in managing your own portfolio of chains and ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met
- Account Growth: developing strategies to grow your accounts and working with the retailer to increase coverage and overall supply
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals
- Contributing to the IE Key Account strategy and supporting international cooperation across global key chain opportunities.
- Supporting roll-outs: working with the team and the retailer to plan, schedule and execute store rollouts at scale
- Solid commercial and network experience working in the hospitality sector or in food supply chain manufacturers. You should have some knowledge and understanding of IE hospitality in this sector.
- Business Development / Sales skills, demonstrating an ability to make connections, create rapport, nurture and win business by selling a proposition to a variety of senior stakeholders. This doesn’t mean we require you to have been a National Account Manager or Sales Manager - as you may have “sold” internally or only had it as a small part of your job. What’s important is that you demonstrate the qualities and skills central to successful business development.
- Ability to lead negotiations skilfully, and create and deliver high-impact pitches
- You’re a master communicator, you know when to speak, you know how to listen, and you know how to engage a whole room and keep their attention
- Excellent commercial acumen
- A passion for the mission and raising awareness of food waste & sustainability
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently and efficiently
- Beneficial: Data Analysis and MS Excel skills to use raw data to create performance reports and projections to identify and understand trends, opportunities and issues.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary
- A vibrant office in the heart of Dublin
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to Bank Holidays
- Christmas week off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme