About Us Positive Carbon is an award winning Social Enterprise backed by Enterprise Ireland & APX. They are an awardee of Social Entrepreneurs Ireland prestigious Impact Programme. Through the use of their patented food waste sensors & food detection AI, Positive Carbon provides high quality food waste management tools to hotels, restaurants & workplace kitchens to enable them to develop advanced waste reduction strategies & eliminate their food waste. To find out more about Positive Carbon, see positive carbon.org.
About this Role
Positive Carbon is seeking a Founding Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate is passionate about web development, enjoys taking products from concept to finish, and crafting the perfect experience for customers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, architect and develop Positive Carbon’s tech, including major new features and technologies
- Perform continuous maintenance of the application and the underlying platform
- Work closely with other members of the engineering and product teams to design and build out features.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field or equivalent (Not 100% Necesary)
- 5+ years of experience writing production level code in either ReactJS, Python, Django, Java OR other modern object-oriented programming languages
- Passionate about building web applications using cutting-edge frontend technologies
- Distributed system architecture design knowledge or experience with high traffic, high concurrency system development
Nice to Haves:
- An appreciation of design and understanding of what goes into crafting a great user experience.
- 25 Days Holiday, Birthday Day Off, Global Week of Rest (Christmas Holidays)
- Positive Carbon Employment - We offset your carbon footprint by 300%
- Pension Contribution - 5% matched after 6 months employment.
- Choose your workstation - PC, Mac
- Health Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Counselling, Wellness, Mental Health & Meditation programme